Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Question

Yesterday, we all observed a moment of silence to commenerate the September 11th Attacks. There was also a "memorial walk" at the palace down the road from me, but I was not able to get to it. I used yesterday as way to reaffirm within myself the reasons why I am here and why I asked my family to share the burden of this deployment with me.

I watched a little bit of the news showing all the difference ceremonies and that got me thinking.

During World War II, did Americans only stop what they were doing every December 7th to reflect on the attacks that started that war, or did they reflect upon every day in order to secure the victory that allowed all of us to remain free during the past 60 years?

I think we can still learn from that generation.

2 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

LYM
DCE

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen to that

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Kennedy Western University Online