Monday, July 24, 2006

Taking a trip outside the wire



Hello all!

A couple of days ago, I was part of a group that went outside one of the camps to visit a construction site to view the progress being made. As I have said, I'm working with the contracts that are rebuilding the Oil Infrastructure here. The site that we visited was a Gas Compression Station, an integral part of the process that takes crude oil and eventually uses it to generate electricity for this nation.

Our contractors have the work cut out for them but they really are doing an amazing job. I will excited just to be able to get out there and actually see the work being done and not just read about it in emails.

But I was also excited to get outside of the camp's perimeter and feel like a soldier again. At least I looked the part.

I mean look at me! I should have my own action figure!

All is well here. Take care

4 Comments:

At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics! I'll look for one of those action figures at Toy r Us.

~Mike

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An amazing experience...albeit one I wish you didn't have to go through. Take care...
Love,
Joy

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps Xander will pick up one of your action figures (AKA dolls) at Toys'R'Us too (he got a gift card from Tyler and Harrison)... but he'd rather have his Daddy here.

He commented yesterday that he "wanted Daddy to jump from an airplane from Iraq into my party." It sounded like he'd been doing some wishful hoping, and it killed me when I said, "I wish Daddy could come too" and he started sobbing.

Nonetheless, we are SO proud of you, Bill. Even though the kids don't know you sometimes have to venture out of the "safe zone", they recognize the danger you are in and that you are doing an important job. You should be proud, too, and I'm glad you were able to have the experience of seeing concretely what good your contracts are doing. Love you!

"The Wife"

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've called 21st Century, Dragon and Blue Box and told them I'm your rep.
Sorry, but no takers yet.
Stay safe and drink water.

LYM
DCE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Kennedy Western University Online