Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Riding the Puma







About a week ago I was able to take a ride on a British helicopter known as a “Puma” over the streets of Baghdad (that's me walking towards the helo with my trusty L.L. Bean bag hanging over my back). It was a thrilling experience. We flew rather low over the roof tops and extremely fast. The pilot kept the helicopter banking and swerving in order to make it a hard target. At one point, he even launched flares to discourage anyone on the ground from taking an interest in us. As you can see in these photos, it was very exciting.

3 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...

I'm glad you're safe.

Love,
Mara

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always just closed my eyes when things got scary.

LYM
DCE

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pathetic soul would have been puking. You the man, Bill...what an experience!
Love ya,
Joy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Kennedy Western University Online