Thursday, April 05, 2007

In Kuwait

Hello from Kuwait! Although it is not the nicest looking place on the Earth, at least its not Iraq.

I flew into Kuwait yesterday afternoon and I'll hang out here until I catch a flight to the states this weekend. In the mean time, I've been cooling my heals by reading, catching up on some sleep, and "de-compressing" as much as I can before I get home.

The Army has gotten a lot smarter over the past 18 years. When Desert Storm was finished, they couldn't get us home fast enough. Although that sounds great, there was a lot of "culture shock" for us to deal with that I think led to a lot of "issues" for many. Now the Army is not in such a rush to get us back and that might seem cruel to some, but actually it has its benefits. Soldiers are able to take their time getting adjusted and can get re-assimilated back into "the real world" better.

Next Stop: Fort Bliss, Texas.

3 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That really does make sense. Take care, I'll be thinking about you, & have a safe trip, Billy...
Love,
Joy

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, I hope your blog readers realize I was saying that what YOU said really made sense...not what Mara said! ;)
Love ya!
Joy

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a quick primer on re-adjusting to life in the U.S.: there's someone named Sanjaya on American Idol who apparently doesn't belong there. Global warming is a HOT topic again. There are even more Targets and Starbucks than you remember. Otherwise...pretty much the same. Have a safe trip back!!!

- Eileen M.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Kennedy Western University Online