Saturday, March 10, 2007

Buried in the Sand





Look at what I came across during my last trip to Basra.
This mint condition Soviet Made T-54 Tank was apparently found buried in the sand. The story is that the Brits were doing construction work and came across it. I was surprised by the fact that it was in such good condition. When I climbed inside of it, even the gunner's sights were still in tact.
During my deployments over the past 18 years, I've been able to crawl around in many "top of the line" Soviet armored vehicles and have been amazed by how cramped and small they are. I'm convinced that if the Cold War ever did get hot, and these vehicles started heading through the Fulda Gap in Germany, we would have been able to stop them in their tracks.
All is well.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool!!!

Wow, can you believe it's down to weeks now!? Fingers crossed that they go by quickly for you...
Love,
Joy

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Kennedy Western University Online