Sunday, December 10, 2006

Saddam's Fishing Hole



These pictures are a bit old but I've been meaning to post them for a while. The lake you see is a man made lake that sits next to another of Saddam's old palaces. Actually, this was a recreational area for Saddam and his gang. All along the lake are different villas that he and his cronies would chill out in. The lake is feed by the Eupharetes River and is filled with fish. Where I'm standing is on the porch of what is now being used as a vistor's center at one of our camps. They keep fishing poles out for anyone to use. Now, it is well known that I have not caught a fish since I was a teenager so I'll I did with the pole was strike a pose. The fish that you see filling up an entire cooler were caught by far more patient people than I.

1 Comments:

At 4:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, will never forget the day that your dad took us fishing (about a month before we got married, I think?) -- I caught a fish, your dad caught a fish, you caught... a case of the grumpies!

I love you, Crab Imperial!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Kennedy Western University Online