Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Promoted!

When I arrived at my desk this morning, I learned that I had been promoted to Lieutenant Colonel. I was very thrilled and humbled by it. We are planning on having a promotion ceremony this Friday and we are preparing to have a VTC set up between here and Atlanta so that Mara and the kids can look on. There are so many different people who have helped me reach this point that I couldn't possibly name them all. I can remember when I was a Lieutenant and ready to pack in and leave the Army. A very wise Captain told me to stick it out for one more assignement and see how it goes. That "one more assignment" has now turned into more than 17 years. The Army has provided me with a lot of opportunities to serve my country and the ability to take care of my family. I' m glad I listened to that advise.

9 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations from your proud wife... "see" you Friday"!

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outstanding! Now we need a countdown to when you get back home for your very well deserved R&R.

Once again, Thank You and to all who are willing to serve and protect our country.

God Bless you, your wonderful family and America.

Jim McD

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you dare show up for that promotion ceremony with that hideous mustache!!! TSCHIDA

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations sir. What time is the VTC and where is it?

MAJ Trimble
wtrimble@gmail.com

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so PROUD of you, Billy!!!!!
Love,
Joy

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, your Dad called Susie and Ed last night to tell them the good news, and they shared it with me. We are all so very happy for you, and I know it's a well deserved promotion. Stay safe, and again, congratulations.

Twinkle

 
At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am extremely proud of you!!!!
Take care of yourself!!!
LOVE,
Dad M.

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, buddy!

I'll send you a pink camouflage U of D sweatshirt for your achievement. :)

Seriously - congratulations, stay strong, stay safe, and come home soon.

-Craig

 
At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Mike McD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Kennedy Western University Online