Saturday, October 07, 2006

Long Distance Promotion






Yesterday I was offiicially promoted to Lieutenant Colonel during a very nice ceremony here in Iraq. But more importantly, yesterday I was able to lay my eyes on Mara and the kids for the first time in Six Months! What a thrill it was for me to be promoted to Lieutenant Colonel and have my family participate in it via a Video Teleconference. Mara went up to Fort McPherson and was able to view the ceremony in a conference room. Afterwards, I was able to "talk" to them one on one. A lot of different people, both here and back in Atlanta, worked hard to make sure the video connection was up and running for us, and for that I am very grateful.

After being promoted, I went through a long list of people I needed to thank. In particular, I wanted to thank everyone over here for continuing to work so hard. I also pointed out a few people in the crowd who had made a difference in my career during previous assignments.

But at the end, I made a point of telling Mara that this promotion would not have been very significant to me if she and the kids weren't there to share it with me.

I am truly blessed.

4 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You have worked hard and deserve it. We are all proud of you here.

Love:

John

 
At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to that, John. Bill, Gabrielle will scream when she sees herself on the internet... she'll think she's famous now! Thanks for posting all the pics on the blog!

Love,
Your Proud Wife

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Touched by your always beautiful words, Billy...
Love,
Joy

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,
Congratulations on your promotion! Everyone at the Harvey family is proud of your accomplishments. Stay safe and our best to all of your family.

Jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Kennedy Western University Online