Tuesday, April 11, 2006

One down, 51 more to go!

Hey, its my first week anniversary of arriving in Iraq! Yippee! Only 51 more weeks to go!

This will be just a short post in order to mark such an important occasion.

One interesting tidbit:

While I (like most Army personnel) am here for 1 year, the other services have different lengths for their deployments. Most notably, the Air Force generally only sends their people here for 4 months! 4 Months? That's nothing! That's like a long business trip! Well, tonight I got to talking to an Air Force Colonel and this subject came up. I was surprised when he acknowledged the disparity between the two different tour lengths. He then said, "I hate to admit it, but we in the Air Force, have no real culture of sacrifice like those in the Army do".

GO ARMY!

3 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fly High.
Live Large.
Go Air Force.
LYM DCE

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, I am friend of Jim McD. He sent me your Blog. I just want you to know, as well as your colleages, you are all appreciated for the great effort you are doing. I hope this Iraq crisis is soon over and your a safely back in the state.
Bless you all and stay safe. Thank you, Dick H.

 
At 2:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking of pushing the boys to do AFRTOC, but they have to have some pride. Go Navy, go Army!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Kennedy Western University Online